NEW SHRED CLASS FORMAT – 3:52 WATCH
This video is to give a sense of timings
– Start with a light activation based warmup
3 minutes – March or Skip
Explain the class format
– 45 on / 15 off is hard
– 30 on / 30 off is normal
– 60s break between rounds
– 6 exercises – 3 rounds
Demonstrate the 6 exercises
– Provide regression options
– Remind that they can stop and skip or march
– Beginners can march through the 3rd round.
21 Minutes – THE HIIT WORKOUT
– Call out the 30 second mark so those wanting to stop early can
– Call out the 45 second mark
– Use the 15 second break to remind the next exercise (demonstrate if needed)
– Use the 60 second break to show regressions and progressions (read the room)
– Keep energy high during the work session. You’re their hype man!
3-5 Minutes of marching – COOLDOWN
10-15 Minutes of mobility
Stretch & any fun things you want them to try e.g. plank challenges, pushups, core
5 X 5 PUSH PULL – 7:15 minutes watch
AIM FOR FAILURE at 5 REPS
LEAVING 1 in tank is fine but be ambitious.
5×5 is a very very powerful strength gainer.
The key thing to observe is rest management, aiming for 2+ minutes rest between sets. Less sets but more intensity
Chest, Triceps, Lats
Lizard Crawls – 2 Lengths
Walk Lean Lunges – 2 Lengths
Cossack Squat Chassay – 2 Lengths
Slow Jackknives – 2 Rounds
LSIT Reverse Compressions – 3×10
5 x 5 Pushups – Progressions to 1 Arm
3 x 5 Pull Ups – Chest to Bar, Band to Weight
2 x 5 Rows – Incline to L Row
5 Mins of Deep Squat Jumps. Progressively get higher and higher
5 Mins of Superhero landing, Sprint & Pushup.
MAGIC 8 PROGRAM – 3:30 minutes watch
GENERALLY FAIL AROUND 8 REPS. LEAVING 1-2 in the tank is fine.
8 is a powerful number, it straddles both strength and volume and makes this an intense program of both volume and intensity.
Quads / Glutes
Biceps / Forearms
Breaks can start at 1-2 minutes between sets and may need to lengthen to 2-3 minutes if they’re looking smashed.